Sweaters, Umbrellas and Hot Apple Pie

Autumn started off with well wishes over hot apple pie, ice cream and perked coffee, as our first friend in Washington disembarked on to his new home in the upper Midwest. We are very happy for him, for he has found his soulmate, whom I think is one very special lady!
~
I've been watching the leaves of the maple & redbud trees fade from green to yellow and finally one day this past week they turned, like magic, to shades of orange, red, and pink.








~
As I was meandering through the garden after a recent wind storm, I stumbled upon a bird's nest near the house, that was made primarily of moss. It put a big smile on face when i picked it up and saw strands of my hair weaved into it. I found it so sweet!


~
Our furry friends have been spending a lot of time in the garden lately. Munching away on grass and rose leaves(naughty deer) and masses of birds have flocked to our huckleberries that fully line our property. I'm happy someone is enjoying them, because things have been kind of hectic around here, so we haven't had a chance to do much with the huckleberries, other than grab a few here and there.





We've had a couple of bird accidents, though. Every so often they fly into our windows, which is heartbreaking. Some sit stunned for a while, then fly off, and others don't make it. This little one made it. My mister brought him out of the rain. It only took him a half hour to regain his strength.
~
It's been raining for a week straight, but I'm not complaining, as it has helped us with the tender little grass sprouts popping up from overseeding our grass a few weeks ago and the parsley, dwarf pak choy, and lettuce that was sewn last week in the raised beds.
Keeping dry under The Starry Night
~

Comments

Popular Posts