Sourdough Love


My oh my! 
What have i gotten into?!
A few weeks ago i participated in a bake-along, taught
by a wonderful woman, Kat Goldin. 
She taught us how to make sourdough bread, completely from scratch, harvesting 
 wild yeast from your environment. 

It is amazing. 
I've been making the most delicious, beautiful bread. 
Along with little goodies like sourdough cinnamon rolls, and sourdough scallion pancakes. 

Meet, Gertrude.

This was my first sourdough starter.
By combining just bread flour and water,
i grew a lovely yeast starter. 

After Gertrude there was, Flora.
I made a delicious sourdough rosemary and chive 
bread tonight with Flora, to go with our homemade vegetable soup. 
It was soul warming.

I've been making mostly sourdough boule, 
but also sourdough french bread.

I honestly just want to bake bread to make it pretty and look at it.













 Breadhead ;)







Sourdough cinnamon rolls are DIVINE.  They were the softest, gooiest,
 most flavorful (so tangy from sourdough starter) cinnamon rolls.
 I made a glaze from fresh squeezed clementine juice and icing sugar. 



~French Bread~
My mister is always requesting a loaf.
Usually for sandwiches, or dipping in spinach artichoke dip.
<3




And the most amazing thing i've had in a long time; 

Sourdough Scallion Pancake
Such an interesting delicacy! 
Crispy on the outside and so soft, and chewy on the inside. 
Wonderful flavors; sourdough, scallions, sesame seeds, and a delicious dipping sauce of 
soy sauce, black vinegar, and a tad bit of sesame oil.
 

~


Comments

Popular Posts