Olde Crow Bakery


A little post dedicated to all the scrumptious treats made over the summer. 
I can't believe how much baking that has gone on here as of late.
~
For my birthday we baked Hallongrotta aka thumbprint cookies. A Swedish pastry, which are a buttery sugar cookie with jam in the center, along with lemon cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crust, strawberries and tea.
 
~
Here we have Brittany Butter Cookies. A very rich, shortbread like cookie. It's made with SIX egg yolks. They are amazing cookies. So, so buttery and delicious. These truly melt in your mouth.


~

Oh? What do we have here?





With blackberries in season and ripe for the picking, we treated ourselves to blackberry dumplings. 
A sweet biscuit like dough cooked in sweet sauce made from blackberries. It makes for a rich and comforting dessert. Especially comforting after all the pokes, pricks, and scratches that happen while harvesting these juicy little morsels. Blackberry dumplings are absolutely delicious with vanilla ice cream.

~
And of course blackberry pie.

~
After trying white chocolate lavender ice cream while visiting lavender farms in Sequim, we are now hooked on using lavender in baked goods.

Luckily I dried all my lavender this year! 

I baked an amazingly moist lemon lavender single layer cake. 
Buttermilk is what gives it such an amazing moist crumb.

The glaze is made with buttermilk, confectioners sugar, and lemon juice.






~
Here we have lavender cookies. They are a shortbread cookie with lavender baked in and dusted with fine sugar. These were given away as gifts, but we did try some. They were very good! 


~
My Mister has been so interested in tarts lately. 
So, without him knowing, I ordered a tart dish and surprised him with a blackberry custard tart.
I searched and searched for a blackberry tart recipe and couldn't find one that sounded like what I had in mind, so I got creative and combined this shortbread crust with a very rich, indulgent vanilla custard & blackberries.
It's a new favorite around here!
~
We love pizza! 
                                      
~
My Mister bought us a Zoodler this summer and it is AWESOME! 

~

Perfect zoodles every time!
~
Gorgeous berries we picked from Graymarsh Berry Farm in Sequim.
I made a memorable mixed berry pie with these sweet loganberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
~

I can't believe it is now September! 
And I can't wait to try a pumpkin tart! 
;  )

~

Comments

Popular Posts